Hey friends! I know my 5 Favorite things right now posts have been a fave so I thought it was time to do another one this month.
1. I’ve talked quite a bit about essential oils on the blog and how helpful they have been in my world. I’ve had a couple questions about which ones I like to buy so here’s the 411 on those. You’ll see a lot of advertisements for tiny tester bottles so that you can try a lot of different scents. If you’re looking for variety, it’s a great way to try different kinds, but overall it’s kind of a bad deal. I recommend buying the larger 4 oz. bottles so that you can save $$$. My current favorite combo is Lavender and Peppermint mixed together, but I’m also into Eucalyptus at the moment and am obsessed with Eucalyptus scented candles! I’ve had really good experience with both Viva and Art Naturals oils which are linked below (click the image). They’re both high quality, potent, and I’m a fan of the droppers they have too. Also, not in love with my diffuser right now so if anyone has one they love, holla at a sister. I generally purchase essential oils on amazon (along with the rest of my life) because they are much less expensive and shipping is fast shipping because who can go longer than 48 hours when you run out of a necessity, but aren’t willing to drive to your local grocery store (me). Did you guys see that they are now doing some crazy 2 hour delivery situation? WOW.
2. You guys already know about my love for Ilia lipsticks. Well, I discovered that Amazon has a few of them in stock and that this particular color, Arabian Knights, is for some reason only $16.99 (like $10 off). Most importantly, this is apparently the color that Anastasia wears in 50 Shades of Grey (still never seen/read this!), but I feel like that makes it extra sexy so every girl needs this.
3. I don’t want to gush too much because I have an entire post coming up in the next couple weeks with my 100% pure obsession, but this brand is out of control good. 100% Pure is by far my favorite all-around natural makeup brand. They use fruit pigments to create their colors…..doesn’t get any better for a weirdo like me. This mascara is the best I’ve found in the natural beauty department thus far. I like the dark chocolate one (literally colored with cocoa) and I want to try the black tea too (again, literally colored with black tea). You can find this mascara here on their website or on amazon (click the photo).
4. I’m super into candles right now. One, because the apartment we moved into is having some smell issues. We won’t go into that. Two, because scents are very helpful with stress. And three, because they make my house feel cozy! I really like the Chesapeake Bay ones and the strength and energy one has been burning constantly in my house. It’s lasted forever! Here are the ones I’ve tried.
5. Last, but not least, Michael and I have been having SO much fun with Trivia Nights!!!!! We’ve been going once a week. I’m sure you’ve got one in whatever city you’re living right now. They are so much fun. We’ve been going with a variety of friends and it’s a great way to merge friend groups with fun conversation, working together, and of course, wine 🙂 If you live in Dallas, here is a list of places to go!
Happy Monday, my friends!